Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 June, 2011

Come and Play - Stuffed Pine Cones

I made this padded pine cone the other day, I remember making something like this as a kid at school.  I just wanted to sit and play, so this is what I did.

The finished result

You need a pine cone that's a bit old with lots of open claws.
 This is how I did it





Scraps of material, needle, thread, scissors and wadding, or you could be just a little bit fancy and put potpourri into each circle.
Now that's not a bad idea!!


Cut enough circles to fill the pine cone


Sew a running thread around the circle
Add some wadding or pot pourri if you prefer
Gather up the running thread and secure to make a little ball
Push the balls in tight and move or break the pine claws to make more room

You're done, a bunch of these in a basket look great, small ones make great christmas decorations and it took less than hour, but hey it might keep the kids quiet if you put them to the task

2 comments:

  1. When i first saw the picture, i didn't realize there is a real pine cone hidden in all those stuffed puffs!

    Very clever. And it looks like a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat! Really fun and unique! Pam emailed me about this and I'm so glad she did. I would love to link to this if you didn't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers