Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

06 June, 2011

Washing Day - Hanging it out to dry!

"Give me the inspiration to be what I was before I became all the other things I’ve been"  (Chris Kemp 2011)

It’s time to talk about why I want to be a blogger.  I can say it’s not because I want to share how many latte’s I drink a day, or how the dog ate my recent post.  Nope, none of that rubbish.  If that were the case I’d have lost any readers 10 seconds ago, in fact I’d have lost me.  Since I have no followers and that’s because my blog is still an infant, I’m going to interview myself - because I can.

Me:        Christine, tell my why you decided to start a blog?

Me:        I did everything back to front and the blog morphed because I created a website about a passion of mine which is CRAFT, because I needed to do something to keep my brain active.  The website came about because some wonderful American salesman named Jess; convinced me that his company’s website tools and training would make me money within a week.
Me:        Would you say you are gullible?

Me:        Yes and No.  Firstly I’m currently unemployed; I had a lot of self-doubt and no confidence because of that situation.  Money was not the motivator.  I new I could bring some really savvy IT skills to the table.  So, whilst Jess conned me with his excellent sales pitch, the spin was actually what I wanted to do.

Me:        You said you did everything ‘back to front’.  Can you tell us what you mean by that?
Me:        In the real world the craft comes first.  A person has one or two areas of craftsmanship that they work at with flair and passion.  This produces a product which they then have the option to sell, teach, give away or promote in a way that pleases them.  In this day and age, the web is a crafters paradise.  A blog can promote them and their product if they wish, they can give it away or sell it or display their work how they like.  They develop a following over time.  This often leads to a website, which can lead to an on-line business.  I started with the website, then a blog and embarrassingly I’m still looking for the craft to go with it and the followers.  I’m the horse chasing the cart.



Me:        Is there a great disadvantage in what you’ve done?
Me:        Yes.  Apart from wasting time, I’m missing opportunities.

Me:        If you could do it all again, what would you do?
Me:        That’s an interesting question.  I’m a square peg person trying to fit into a round hole.  I would do it all again exactly the same because that’s my personality type.  If I’d done it in the order that I perceive everyone else does it (and my research suggests they do), then I would never have continued with the project.  It would have been too easy for me to say “This is all too hard”.  But I’d make Jess work harder on his sales pitch, just because.



Me:        Can you share with your audience (LOL) what your area of craft expertise will be in the future?
Me:        No, but stayed tuned.

Me:        Well, Christine that was an enjoyable interview and I would like to thank you for your time.  Naturally we at Golden Lilly Crafts wish you all the best in your endeavours and look forward to a follow up interview in the months to come.  Hopefully, you can find a way to get that damn horse in front of the cart!!
Me:        Not sure how the horse and cart thingy will work out but yup, I think I'm ready to bring the washing in from the line.  Look forward to your follow up interview.






3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! Interview yourself! Your questions and comments were fun to read. It's great to learn more about you. Hurray for dabblers. I like the variety of your posts so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha, it was a bit of fun that came about from frustration. I have to admit that I like the blogging concept so far and I do a a warped sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers