Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 July, 2011

Quote of the day - well it suits me for today

"Well, isn't that just the pickle on the giant crap sandwich that is my day" - Elliot Reid from Scrubs

Sarah Chalke as Elliot Reid in Scrubs
 DON'T FORGET TO SMILE
I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I've enjoyed the comedy series "Scrubs".  I discovered it years ago on the TV and got to watch it on my own as nobody else could stand it.  Then when they heard me laughing till I had tears running down my face one or two would emerge from the bowels of the house - to have a gander.

I have all the Scrubs DVD's and have watched them over and over.  I regard myself an SME (that's technical talk for subject matter expert) on Scrubs but have lost many a challenge to other 'Scrub SME's.  What I love so much about this show is that I can guarantee it will have me laughing every time, no matter how down in the dumps I might be, it's the best damn medicine I know of.

 I've been down and out lately but since taking my does of Scrubs I've improved.  I so relate to Elliot, my sons have said that I am an Elliot.  I think it's good to connect to someone.  When ever I read a book, which is all the time, I usually connect to a character in the book - if I don't think it's me, I'd like it to be me.  Harmless fantasy (in my case) that I'm sure the creators of books and movies want to achieve with their audience anyway.

So next time you don't feel so good and want everyone to just leave you alone, go and find something funny to read or watch.  Take some time for you and what ever made you unhappy in the first place will be much easier to deal with after a good dose of nonsense.

4 comments:

  1. hi chris! I agree! sometimes we just need a good laugh! (an emotion we adults don't have enough of). If a movie or t.v. show does that, then that is good entertainment! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea
    Make sure you get your dose of laughter today.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky to work with kids and we spend loads of time each day laughing. I'm gonna miss that when I retire. Glad you have a cure for your down times.

    Your KS
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb, as long as you have lots of interests inside and outside retirement is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers