Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

20 July, 2011

Today I have

Posted six pom poms to Pip from Meet Me At Mikes for the Pom Pom Project.  I have to wait till next month to find out why I made them, but you can go and have a look for yourself here at Meet Me At Mikes.  I don't have to know why I'm doing stuff, I just love to participate.  Making pom poms is so easy, fun and relaxing.



Searched the house looking for Christmas Story Books and favourite books I used to read to the kids, I've kept them all.  I got the idea from Pam from Gingerbread Snowflakes.  Take a look at Pam's blog to find out more about this great idea.  If you have young children in your house, this will be a real treat if you love reading.  Even though I don't have any young children around, I'm still going to collect more Christmas story books and get into the spirit of things.


Went shopping to buy the ingredients I need to make my own laundry liquid.  I follow a great blog called Down To Earth and Rhonda has every tip known to woman and man on how to save money and look after our planet.
So you can get the recipe from Rhonda's blog here Down To Earth Home Made Laundry Liquid.


Picked most of the lemons from my tree and again following Rhonda's advice from her blog, I have put the lemons in the shed for a couple of weeks before I go ahead and juice them and probably freeze them.  Here is how to do it if you're interested.  Down To Earth - Lemons
Empty Lemon Tree
Finished my gauge swatch which came close to the mark, so I can crochet a pair of socks.  I bought the pattern book from this blog here KRW Knitwear Studio.  Karen Ratto Whooley designed all the patterns  and I plan to complete all 9 designs by end of Winter, fingers crossed.   Naturally, I will share my lovely socks when the are finished.

Finally, today but maybe tomorrow I am waiting patiently for the postman to arrive with my purchase from Marti from Martha Winger Crochet blog.  Marti crocheted me a cowlscarf to keep my head warm when I'm out walking my dogs, which I do every day.  So when my cowl arrives, I will make sure it's posted for all to see.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the tips! I will enjoy looking at all these...and your lemons and pompoms are so nice! My daughter just had me buy her a favorite childhood book of hers, we found it used through amazon! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made my day! OMG! You are really, really going to collect books for reading at the holidays just for YOU! This is just too cool.

    I love having my collection - which contains everything from grown-up reading to children's books. And not always Christmas - Peter Pan is a favorite! It is just a wonderful way to bring the magic of the season into your home.

    Thank you so much for linking. I really do want to spread the word!

    Your new socks! Beautiful so far! NINE pair - by the end of winter? A worthy challenge! Can't wait to see them completed. Nine?$%*& You are brilliant! Thank you for the link to her book.

    And when that cowl arrives, my friend, I had better see a picture right here! Love Marti.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I promise to stop by your blog and say hi. Cheers